Outlook 2007 -- Introduction
With equipment sales growing and more people trying — and coming back to — tennis, the new year looks to be another good one for your business.
It’s been a nice couple of years for tennis equipment retailers and manufacturers in the U.S., as we’ve seen two consecutive years of growth in gear sales, according to the Tennis Industry Association and Sports Marketing Surveys USA.
Reports indicate that dealers and court contractors remain optimistic about the new year, too, in part because more new players than ever are trying tennis and there’s been a significant increase in lapsed players heading back to the courts. And importantly, for all of our businesses, it seems that the spirit of cooperation among the various groups and constituencies in tennis appears to be continuing.
Manufacturers, for their part, are committing to new products and features designed to give consumers and players what they want and need in equipment and tenniswear, as you’ll see on the following pages that show some of the racquets, apparel, and footwear that will hit retailer walls this spring.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Fishing In Profitable Waters
- Industry News
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!
- Marketing Tennis: How to Move the Needle
- 2016 Guide to Ball Machines: Money Machines
- String Playtest: Kirschbaum Pro Line II Rough 1.25
- Your Serve: Using All the Tools
- Our Serve: Re-Evaluating What We Do
- Industry News
- Court Construction: Making Dreams a Reality