Champions of Tennis 2006
Help us recognize the people who are making a difference in the business of tennis.
Once again, we’d like to honor the champions of our sport — the many, often unheralded heroes who work tirelessly to develop tennis in the U.S. But once again, we need your help in identifying these men and women and how their accomplishments have helped the game, whether in their local areas or nationally.
Please take a look at the categories at the right and email your nominations (please put “Champions” in the subject line). Include:
- Nominee’s name;
- Where they work or what they do related to tennis;
- Phone (if possible);
- Brief description of why you believe they are the champions in their areas.
We’d also appreciate your name and contact information, for confirmation purposes only. All nominations will be confidential, and you may nominate for as many categories as you’d like. And, if there’s a category that we don’t list that you think we should include, please let us know.
We need your nominations by Aug. 5, 2006. Email is preferred, but you may fax them to 760-536-1171 or mail them to: Racquet Sports Industry, 310 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N Ste 400, Birmingham, AL 35203-3369.
In our November/December issue, we’ll include a special section acknowledging the dedication of those who work to keep tennis vital in the U.S.
2006 Champions of Tennis Categories
- Person of the Year
- Pro/Specialty Retailer of the Year
- Mass Merchant/Chain Retailer of the Year
- Online Retailer of the Year
- Stringer of the Year
- Builder/Contractor of the Year
- Grassroots Champion of the Year
- Junior Development Champion of the Year
- Sales Rep of the Year
- Wheelchair Tennis Champion of the Year
- Municipal Facility of the Year
- Private Facility of the Year
- Public Park of the Year
- Community Tennis Association of the Year
- High School Coach of the Year
- USTA Section of the Year
- PTR Division of the Year
- USPTA Division of the Year
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Learning Curve
- Industry News
- Racquet Service: New Concept in Racquet Service
- Retailing 141: Specialty Stores Are Alive and Well!
- Racquet Tech: Stringing 101 — Knots
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!
- Community Tennis: Use ‘Crowd Funding’ to Help With Your Next Tennis Project
- OUTLOOK 2016: Racquets & Strings — New and Improved
- OUTLOOK 2016: Shoes — Stepping Forward