The Need for News Coverage
Great “Your Serve” in the July 2005 issue of Racquet Sports Industry by Mark Winters (“Something to Write About”). He is right on the money! The declining coverage tennis receives in local media is a big problem, and we need to improve 1000 percent on it immediately.
We in the Florida section of the USTA are putting more personnel and resources behind this and are having some luck and making some progress. The larger cities still have their challenges with regard to their sportswriters and tennis. But many smaller communities are eager for stories and coverage with a local flavor if you take the time to submit them.
We welcome your letters and comments. Please e-mail them to email@example.com or fax them to 760-536-1171.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Repair and Replace
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: Taking Stock
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!
- Retailing Tip: Give Them a Show
- Facility Management: Wage Differential
- Guide to Strings: Educational Initiative
- Home of American Tennis — Open For Business!
- Court Lighting: Light Reaction