The Need for News Coverage
Great “Your Serve” in the July 2005 issue of Racquet Sports Industry by Mark Winters (“Something to Write About”). He is right on the money! The declining coverage tennis receives in local media is a big problem, and we need to improve 1000 percent on it immediately.
We in the Florida section of the USTA are putting more personnel and resources behind this and are having some luck and making some progress. The larger cities still have their challenges with regard to their sportswriters and tennis. But many smaller communities are eager for stories and coverage with a local flavor if you take the time to submit them.
We welcome your letters and comments. Please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 760-536-1171.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Take Full Advantage
- Industry News
- Junior Tournaments: Playing for Time
- GrassrootsTennis: Play It Forward!
- Retailing Tip: Futures Market
- RacquetTech: Proper Grip Installation
- Frame Outlook 2017: Frames in Mind
- Shoe Outlook 2017: Stepping Forward
- String Outlook 2017: Educational Initiative
- Apparel Outlook 2017: Mixed Company