Racquet Sports Industry/U.S. Tennis Court & Track Builders Association Facility-of-the-Year Award Winners
Once again, we’ve joined forces with the U.S. Tennis Court & Track Builders Association to bring you examples of excellence in court construction.
Each year, based on entries submitted by a USTC&TBA member, whether a contractor, designer or supplier, the association selects outstanding tennis facilities that meet the standard of excellence determined by the eight-member judging committee. Then, out of all the winners, one project is picked to receive the “Tennis Facility of the Year Award.”
For the 2003 contest, 20 courts or facilities were deemed to be outstanding by the panel of judges. And one of those facilities — a private court in Gladwyne, Pa., built by Pro-Sport Construction Inc. of Devon, Pa. — came away with top honors.
Throughout the next few issues of RSI, we will present the winners in greater detail. For details on the 2004 Outstanding Tennis Facility Awards, contact the USTC&TBA at 410-418-4875.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: USRSA — Past, Present, and Future
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: Mastering the Weave
- Retailing 144: Human Contact — a Rare and Valuable Commodity
- New Junior Recognition Program Stresses Sportsmanship
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!
- Footwear: Stepping in the Right Direction
- Racquet Stringing: Skill Set
- Distinguished Facility-of-the-Year Awards: Hard Acts to Follow